- BETTER CUSTOMER SERVICE
- IMPROVED ACCESS TO TECHNOLOGY
- CHEAPER MINUTES AND TECHNOLOGY
- QUICKER IMPLEMENTATION OF NEW TECHNOLOGY
- NO GOVERNMENT INVOLVEMENT IN BTC DECISION MAKING
- FASTER AND MORE EFFICIENT LOCAL AND INTERNATIONAL CONNECTIONS
- EXPANSION OF LOCAL AND NATIONAL ECONOMIES DUE TO BETTER TECHNOLOGY
- JOB LOSES AS CABLE & WIRELESS WILL MOVE SEVERAL DEPARTMENTS TO OTHER CARIBBEAN NATIONS
- REDUCTION IN REVENUES COLLECTED BY GOVERNMENT
- BTC GROSSLY UNDERVALUED
- HIGHER PHONE RATES FOR LOCAL CALLS
- LOWER RATES LIKELY TO NEVER TO MANIFEST
- MOST OF THE TECHNOLOGY MENTIONED ALREADY AVAILABLE IN BAHAMAS
- LOSE OF CONTROL OF OUR NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT DUE TO SALE OF A MAJOR ASSET IN INDUSTRY OF THE FUTURE (TELECOMS)
Most people in the know feel that the problem with BTC has been government interference. If government removes itself and its inherent inefficiencies the only thing cable and wireless really bring to btc is ability to get better deals because it is a large global company.
I guess the question is, do we really need to sell BTC to gain what Cable and Wireless is offering?
Check out my complete listing of articles, pictures and videos on the BTC sale to date.