Here are some of my observations from before, during and after Hurricane Irene;
- Bahamians Still wait til the last minute to do everything!
- Hurricane Coverage Could be much much better. Nema, ZNS all rellevant Government agencies need to have a better plan to communicate with the people.
- The Time waiting on the Hurricane to arrive is the most Boring Time.No, The time right after the hurricane is over with no electricity, cable, internet, or phone while you’re locked up in a hot house is the most Boring Time!
- Nassauvians really don’t take Hurricanes Seriously… did you hear about the people who decided to have their birthday beach party during the hurricane?
- Bodie, Sorry Ortland H. Bodie Jr! on 94.9fm, is the most hilarious Radio Show host since Darrell Miller!
- Leslie Miller will emerge as a leader and much admired figure for his selfless clean up efforts after Irene passed Bahamians still don’t unite to get things done…. clean up can only be done by the gub’ ment it seems
- News agencies completely over hyped this hurricane
- While there was no lost of life in The Bahamas, the structural damage will cost us. especially since we’re already in a tough economy
- Bahamians need to give BEC a break… hurricane pass Nassau at 3pm… 3:15 everybody on the radio complaining how they power been out from the night before… seriously people?
- After hours or days without electricity, the feeling of relief you feel in the moment the light turns on is priceless!
What has been some of your observations from Hurricane Irene?