Why do we enjoy quotes so much? I believe it’s because they express the truth simply and eloquently. I can write a 500 word article and a simple two line quote can say the same thing, cutting straight to the heart of the matter.
So today I want to share some of my favorite quotes from American President John F. Kennedy. I think many of them are relevant to The Bahamas today. Enjoy!
1. A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.
2. A nation which has forgotten the quality of courage which in the past has been brought to public life is not as likely to insist upon or regard that quality in its chosen leaders today
3. A child miseducated is a child lost.
4. Let us not seek the
Republican FNM answer or the Democratic PLP answer, but the right answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future.
5. My fellow
Americans Bahamians, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country.
6. Our progress as a nation can be no swifter than our progress in education. The human mind is our fundamental resource
7. The ignorance of one voter in a democracy impairs the security of all.
8. The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie, deliberate, contrived and dishonest, but the myth, persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.
9. Things do not happen. Things are made to happen.
10. Too often we… enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought
I’m willing to bet one of these quotes resonated with you. Pick that quote and share it with your friends. Hell, share this entire article!
If you liked this article, Enter your email below to get new articles sent straight to your inbox